- To promote and co-ordinate study and research in
the field of journalism in Andhra Pradesh and public
- To organize or to hold training courses, workshops,
seminars, consultancy services and exhibitions in
association with organizations of working journalists,
newspaper managements and universities.
- To conduct training classes and refresher courses
for mofussil journalists.
- To undertake and provide for the publication of
books, periodicals, journals, monographs, research
papers etc., in furtherance of the objectives of the
- To co-operate with academic institutions and organizations
information of syllabi and in scheduling of programes
for teaching and training courses.
- To institute awards, endowments and prizes in recognition
of meritorious services and outstanding achievements
of individuals, institutions and organizations and
to grant fellowships.
- To conduct advanced study and research in the field
of journalism and to acquaint the working journalists
with the latest technology in printing and electronic
media and the latest trends in the world journalism.
- To initiate steps to improve the tastes of readers
and promote healthy trends in journalism and evolve
a consensus on social responsibility of media.
- To organize training courses workshops in newspaper
photography, photojournalism, page make-up, cartooning
and illustrative drawings.
- To preserve all the important newspapers, periodicals
in the state through microfilming for the benefit
of future generations. To collect bio-data and photos
of eminent persons from different walks of life.
- To establish and maintain a computerized reference
library and data bank, cassette library of video magazines,
photos of important state, national and international
events and personalities to cater to the needs of
working journalists, students and researchers in journalism.
- To sponsor journalists to participate in seminars
as delegates organized by national seminars such as
NAM etc., to sponsor journalists outside Andhra Pradesh
to participate in the seminars conducted by the Academy.
- To receive grants, bequeathals and other donations.